Sometime during the night, my surly cat Stinkyboy shredded and ate a copy of your book Undertow. He also ate a copy of a Karen Chance novel that I hadn't had time to read yet. Both books have been converted into a pile of colorful confetti on my Indian rug.
If it is any consolation, Stinkyboy has exceptionally good taste in the books he shreds. Indeed, he has mangled some of today's finest genre authors. To date he has eaten the following works of literature:
- a trade paper copy of Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
- a first draft manuscript of China Mieville's The Scar (it is entirely possible that Stinky was merely offering editorial direction here, since he's not so great with a red pencil)
- a galley of Baltimore by Mike Mignola and Chris Golden (he started at the back and worked his way forward on this one - he didn't like the ending?)
- the first four chapters and the last two chapters of Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong
- a trade paper copy of Kissing the Witch by Emma Donaghue
- a galley of Kelley Eskridge's new short story collection Dangerous Space (a galley that did not actually belong to me, by the way)
But I did want to apologize for Stinkyboys' behavior, and hope you will not hold this against him.