Friday, August 10, 2007

Head's Up! Book Alert: Shadowbridge by Gregory Frost

I have a lot of friends working in the publishing industry so I often have the opportunity to read a new manuscript even before it becomes a bound galley. I read one manuscript recently that just blew me away, and I wanted to give a shout out here so that you all can go NOW and pre-order this book. (NOW, I tell you! NOW!)

Shadowbridge by Gregory Frost is simply gorgeous. There's no other word for it. A completely original and lyrical fantasy that draws on myriad non-European mythological traditions, Shadowbridge sucked me in so completely that - one Saturday afternoon - instead of getting off the N train in Manhattan, I ended up staying on the train all the way to Coney Island just to finish the damned thing.

The first of a proposed duology, Shadowbridge is being published by Del Rey Books, and goes on sale in January 2008. (Go! Now!)

(Oh, and Frost has a blog, too!)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh boy! I've been waiting for this since reading the short story in Attack of the Jazz Giants. Delighted to see it finished at last.

La Gringa said...

Seriously, this is an amazing book.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. It's hard to find anything in the fantasy section written with a sense of poetry and vision. I'm pre-ordering this. And I'm looking forward to that review you teased us about last week, Auralia's Colors.