Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday night genre link dump. With cat hair.

Having spent the last three hours trying to manipulate Blogger code into letting me create collapsible posts has given me a whopper of a headache. And I still can't make collapsible posts. Feh. Irritability ensues.

But what do you care? You just came here for the skiffy links, dincha?
Over at SFF World, they gots loads and loads of new stuff: Hobbit reviews Cowboy Angels by Paul J. McAuley as well as The Prisoner Handbook by Steven Paul Davies ("You are Number Six!"); Arthur Bangs reviews Queen of Candesce by Karl Schroeder; and La Gringa pal Rob Bedford reviews The Hanging Mountains by Sean Williams.

SciFi Dimensions also has a slew of new reviews: John Snider reviews the audio versions of both Sandworms of Dune and Hunters of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson; William Allen Ritch reviews Peter David's Darkness of the Light as well as Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks.

The Amazon Book Blog reports on a recent visit by William Gibson to the Amazon offices.

At Blogcritics, Scott Butki posts the first of a two-part interview with Mike Carey, author of The Devil You Know and Katie McNeill reviews Stephenie Meyers's Eclipse.

At Bookgasm, Rod Lott looks at The Best of Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet, edited by Gavin Grant and Kelly Link.

Book Fetish reviews Saturn Returns by Sean Williams.

The Gravel Pit reviews The Charnel Prince by Greg Keyes. (Pick up the first in this series - The Briar King - it's the best fantasy series you're not reading, and you really should be. Plus, Greg is really kick-ass with a sword in real life; how cool is that?)

Uh, oh! Aiden is stirring up shit again at A Dribble of Ink with more of that "changing of the guard" stuff.

Neth Space interviews Jay Lake.

And last but not least (and only last cos I am sleepy and want to go to bed but need to finish formatting tomorrow's Chris Barzak post), Pat's Fantasy Hotlist has a great three-way interview with George R. R. Martin, Gardner Dozois and Daniel Abraham, co-authors of the Hunter's Run and Shadow Twin.

3 comments:

Lawrence said...

Hey, speaking of 'The Charnel Prince' I was looking through the acknowledgements of that particular book and I saw your name being mentioned there. How cool is that!
(and I found it very cool as well, because I actually recognised a name on that list ;) )

La Gringa said...

Really? I didn't know that. :-)

Aidan Moher said...

Thanks for the link back to my article, La Gringa!

I think folk are going to enjoy my latest edition of "A Changing of the Guard", I took a lot of the feedback I received on the first two editions and put it to good use this time around!

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink