Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Saturday night "Zounds! Small But Mighty bought a motorcycle!" review and interview link dump.

Trekked out to the Slope today to hang with long-lost buddy Small But Mighty, who has been hiding out while studying for the bar exam. After brunch, SBM introduced me to her newest pretty young thing: a sweet little red and black motorcycle, pint-sized to fit SBM's small (but mighty!) frame. Next time I go out there, I promise I'll snap a picture of it so I can post it here. But in the meantime, I leave you with fun things to read:
Over at Ficlets, John Scalzi conducted a great interview with David Anthony Durham, author of Acacia.

And speaking of Harriet Klausner, Tobias Buckell has a funny story to share about her. (Tobias, if I ever meet you in person, I'll do my dead-on Klausner-over-the-phone impression for you.)

At the Guardian UK, Eric Brown reviews The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton. Also at the Guardian, Tim Adams has a great interview with William Gibson.

Dennis Lim at Salon also has a wonderful interview with Gibson.

And at the Times of London, Peter Millar reviews Gibson's newest, Spook Country. (I'm sensing a lot of Gibson love this weekend, kids.)

Lest you think we were finished with Mr. Gibson, Scott Timberg at the Los Angeles Times has yet another review of Spook Country.

At UK SF Book News, Sandy Auden interviews Chris Roberson about his book Set the Seas On Fire.

At the Austin America-Statesman, Robert Ontiveros reviews Doris Lessing's The Cleft.

At Bookgasm, Mark Rose reviews Cherie Priest's Not Flesh Nor Feathers.

At Book Fetish, Sheila Leitzel reviews Mike Carey's The Devil You Know.

Fantasy Book Critic reviews Sarah Monette's Mirador.

Neth Space looks at The New Space Opera, edited by Gardner Dozois and Jonathan Strahan.

At Pat's Fantasy Hotlist, Pat looks at Feast of Souls by Celia Friedman.

And last but not least, Visions of Paradise reviews Richard Paul Russo's The Rosetta Codex.

4 comments:

Neth said...

So, are you taking over for Andrew Wheeler? I miss his SFF roundups, so it'd be nice if you were.

La Gringa said...

I'll try. :-)

I miss them too!

Tobias Buckell said...

I'll forward to your in-person imitation of Harriet, then, La Gringa! :-)

La Gringa said...

I used to scare co-workers by calling from an outside line and pretending to be her, asking for a book I knew they'd already sent months before.

Heh. This is people in publishing stay sane. Kind of.