Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How La Gringa almost became a Today Show guest by mistake.

Genuine terror ensued for a moment this morning in the Today Show green room when a friendly fellow with a clipboard and a headset came up to me, asked me my name, repeated it aloud after I told him, looked at his little clipboard and then said "Okay, so you're on camera at 9:14 - makeup and hair in ten minutes." at which point I said "Oh, ho, ho - I think NOT."

He was confused, looked at his clipboard again, and said "You're not a guest?"

"Um, no. Dude, what the heck would I have to talk about on the Today Show?"

Meanwhile, my author's wife was looking on, snickering loudly at my distress. Luckily, Clipboard Man discovered his mistake (another guest with a similar name) and I was off the hook. Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on now dear, they have to fill four freakin hours these days. I'm sure if they had 10 empty minutes you would have been dragged on regardless of whether you had anything to say or not. :)

Idg