Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Unintentional hilarity: La Gringa gets to play bartender

Yikes! La Gringa has been recruited to act as a bartender for part of the evening at the Publishing Triangle Holiday Party this Friday night. This despite the fact that La Gringa has never actually tended bar before. While I have been considering learning the fine art of mixing the perfect alcoholic beverage as a way to supplement my (meager) income, I was hoping to not have to use my fellow publishing / book industry / writer folk as unwitting guinea pigs.

Oh, dear.

My only solace is knowing the genuine mirth and merriment that my predicament will bring to Mr. Mumpsimus, who will be accompanying me to the party.

So, if you live in NYC, and you'd like to come sample what may be a comically bad mixed drink on Friday night, here's the details:
When: Friday, December 7th, 6:30 - 9:30 PM
Where: The offices of In The Life, 184 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor
(between 22nd and 23rd Streets)
Admission is $15 for Publishing Triangle members, $20 for guests.

1 comment:

Richard Larson said...

If I wasn't going to be in a rented SUV driving northward, I would totally be there to witness the magic! Hope you guys have a great time, and looking forward to getting together again soon.