Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday night genre link round-up.

Yeah, I know I said I wouldn't be posting as often but I have a lot of links bookmarked that I want to get caught up on, so after this week, link posting will slow down to about three times a week. (Really. I mean it this time!)
First up, at Locus Online, Jeff VanderMeer posted a thoughtful round-up of his Best of 2007. Likewise, Claude Lalumiere has also posted a round-up of recommended reading. Both are well worth reading!

At the Los Angeles Times Online, Ed Park discusses Terry Pratchett. Also, Sonja Bolle reviews Runemarks by Joanne Harris.

Reuter's carries a story about Ender's Game becoming a video game. (Does anyone else see the irony in this?)

Minneapolis City Pages has an interview with Wicked author Gregory Maguire.

Of Blog has a new interview with Ekaterina Sedia. There's also a review of my pal Dave Keck's new book In a Time of Treason. (Yay! Go buy this book, please. Thanks!)

A Dribble of Ink reviews Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.

Fantasy Magazine has new reviews by Paula Guran of Naomi Novik's Empire of Ivory and Cherie Priest's Neither Flesh Nor Feathers.

Graeme's Fantasy Book Review looks at Debatable Space by Philip Palmer and Biting the Bullet by Jennifer Rardin.

Neth Space reviews Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson and The Traitor by Michael Cisco.

Miladyinsanity reviews Black Magic Woman by Justine Gustainis and an interview with Diana Pharoah Francis.

More tomorrow as I catch up...

No comments: