Thursday, February 14, 2008

In which query writers defy the laws of temporal physics!

Today I have had three queries from folks who say they saw me on AgentQuery. That's nice.

It's also very impressive, being that I am not yet actually ON AgentQuery.

I have only been an agent for four days. It takes a couple of weeks to get listed there after you fax them your info. I am also not yet on our company's website. Nor am I completely on the radar of Princess the Office Poodle, who looks at me askance whenever I enter the office. (A brief bout of ear scratching usually resolves this.)

If you're going to write a query letter, get the facts right. Please.

And if you want to make sure that I actually do work for FinePrint, just call the office and ask. (While you're there, tell Peter to put me on the website, will ya?)

Okay, back to reading query letters. I am very nearly done with the queries I received on February 12th (287 in all).

Regular link round-ups will return tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

"I saw on AgentQuery..."

Looks like some authors were so excited, they forgot to change their form opening... Tsk tsk tsk!

Also, I am no end of jealous that you know both China Mieville and Jeff VanderMeer! Fangasam!! I actually just ordered "The New Weird" yesterday, I can't wait to read it. (Seriously, Mieville and Sarah Monette edited by the VanderMeers? It's like an anthology put together just for me!)

Any chance of seeing another query/partial/full statistics post? I'm a sucker for numbers.

It looks like your foray into agenting has started off with a bang! Congratulations!