Wednesday, February 27, 2008

La Gringa welcomes a new client: Kelly Gay!

On behalf of FinePrint Literary Management, I am thrilled to be able to welcome debut novelist and urban fantasy writer Kelly Gay into the fold as a new client.

Kelly is the 2005 RWA Golden Heart finalist in the paranormal category and a 2005 Laurie winner for best single title romance novel. She is also a recipient of the 2005/2006 North Carolina Arts Council grant fellowship in writing. Kelly also keeps a blog here, one that I'm sure she'll be updating more frequently going forward.

An important thing to note about Kelly: She very nearly sold me on the strength of her query letter alone; it was one of the most tightly-constructed and concise queries I've read, with a great one-sentence first-paragraph hook that drew me in from the moment I opened her email. She'd obviously put a great deal of thought into it, and not one word was wasted. Once we get her book sold, I may actually ask Kelly for permission to post her query online; I really think a lot of aspiring authors would benefit from seeing how carefully she constructed those six short paragraphs.

Anyway, welcome to FinePrint, Kelly!

10 comments:

Spectre-7 said...

Awesome news. Congrats to both of you!

...and hey, you've got me amped up just to read her query letter. I predict good things in the future for you two.

Josh said...

Congratulations Kelly, and I wish you both the best on the new partnership.

S. E. Ward said...

Congratulations to both of you! :) Here's to a long and fruitful partnership.

Georgiana said...

Great news for both of you!

Kelly Gay said...

Thanks to La Gringa for the nice welcome, and to everyone else for their congrats! :)

Susan Adrian said...

Congratulations Kelly and Colleen!

Seth said...

all the best guys, congrats

Nicole Lorenz said...

Congratulations to both of you!

(I'm also psyched to see that fantastic query letter.)

booklady said...

Congratulations to you both! As for the query letter, I hope that you will post it. I'd love to see what a nearly-perfect query looks like. Beyond, of course, those stellar publishing credits.

Kasey Mackenzie said...

Yay! Congratulations Kelly! And Colleen. =)