Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More pimpin' of that Dave Keck writer fella:
Come hear Dave read at the KGB Bar!

What? You thought I was done pimpin' my friend Overly Humble Writer Dave's new book? (You don't know me very well, do you?) So, in case you had a slight attack of Boomer Brain, let me refresh your memory. Okay, now head over to writer Joshua Palmatier's blog where Dave does a little guest-blogging.

Now, those of you in New York City are in for a treat: Dave will be will reading at the infamous and beloved Fantastic Fiction series at the KGB Bar, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Gavin Grant. And he's sharing the bill with the extraordinary Michael Swanwick! This is Dave's first reading in the United States (although you Winnipeg folks prolly see him all the time!) so it's extra special, and I'd love to round up a full house for him.

If you've never met Dave, he's possibly one of the funniest human beings on the face of the planet. He also appreciates Newcastle Ale, which makes him a god among men in my book.

Anyway, here are the details:
Wednesday, March 19th
7:00 PM
KGB Bar
85 East 4th Street @2nd Ave.
New York City

Please join us!

Not-so-subtle-hint to follow
: And there's plenty of time to buy In the Eye of Heaven (now available in paperback) and In a Time of Treason before you do!

4 comments:

Susan said...

There's some *very* mixed reviews for this novel. That's kind of fascinating on its own. He obviously has something that draws folk to turn the page despite their pointing out what they see as faults. It's worth going out to buy it just to see.

Chris, The Book Swede said...

I really must get hold of this! Seen, as with Susan, quite a few mixed reviews, and that's cool in itself :)

Thanks also for what you said on the GRRM not-a-blog :D Made my day.

~Chris

La Gringa said...

He writes a very muscular, fast-moving epic fantasy, the kind of writing that forces you to really think in order to keep up. No boring tropes or Tolkienesque references. just good old-fashioned - and literary - adventure!

I loved them both.

Sara said...

I'm very interested to read his books, especially since he is a fellow (tho former) Winnipegger... Unfortunately being that I am still a Winnipegger, I cannot come out to support him until he comes and pays us a visit in the frozen north ;)