Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pimpin' a former colleague's new book: Audrey, Wait!

Long ago, in the annals of time and space, when Ballantine Books still had their fabulous and much mourned West Coast publicity department, there was a young woman named Robin Benway who worked there. And she was beloved. And then she left to work at Book Soup. And she was beloved there, too. Then she went out and wrote a KICK-ASS young adult novel that made agents and publishers squeeeee with unbridled delight! And now it's getting published! And you need to buy it! COS I SAID SO! [OH MY GOD, WHY AM I WRITING IN ALL CAPS???]

Anyway, here's some jacket copy from Robin's forthcoming future international bestseller, Audrey, Wait!
California high school student Audrey Cuttler dumps self-involved Evan, the lead singer of a little band called The Do-Gooders. Evan writes, “Audrey, Wait!,” a break-up song that’s so good it rockets up the billboard charts. And Audrey is suddenly famous! Now rabid fans are invading her school. People is running articles about her arm-warmers. The lead singer of the Lolitas wants her as his muse. (And the Internet is documenting her every move!) Audrey can’t hang out with her best friend or get with her new crush without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi. Take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, has outrageous amounts of fun, confronts her ex on MTV, and gets the chance to show the world who she really is.
Audrey, Wait! will be published by Razorbill on April 10th, but you can pre-order yours now. (Or else! Just remember, I outweigh you.)

3 comments:

Joya said...

This sounds really cool! It sort of reminds me of Meg Cabot's 'All-American Girl' novels since the protagonist in those books also has to deal with sudden fame.

Anyway, I'm making a note to look for this when it comes out. Thanks for the rec!

Nathan said...

Colleen or LaGringa or whichever AKA you're going by at the moment. You're going to be ONE HELL OF AN AGENT. I'm not usually drawn to YA girl fiction (actually never). You've just sold me that one with your intro. I smell success for you.

::And I'll remind you I said so when I finish my novel and query your::

But really, I'm loving your blog since I've started checking in regularly.

La Gringa said...

Well, thank you!

Just remember, I'm not HER agent. More's the pity. ;-)

But I do love me some YA drama and I do love me most of my former Ballantine colleagues.