Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday genre link round-up.

Well, hell's bells, I've been slipping in my linkity obligations! So sorry! At this point there's probably no catching up so we'll just pretend the past week and half didn't happen. Anyway, I just got home from this shindig, where I consumed far too many little pieces of teriyaki beef on skewers. This is quite possibly because the cater-waiter in charge of the teriyaki beef skewers was stalking me.

He was also stalking actor Robert Vaughan, who was there to promote a memoir. And, geek that I am, all I could think of was "OMG! You were in the classic Roger Corman movie Teenage Caveman in 1958! And you were a total hottie! I bow before you, oh celluloid God of nerdliness!" (Okay, no, of course I didn't say that to him. I restrained myself admirably. But I was thinking it. Because I am a dork.) It is also important to note that everyone at aforementioned shindig was much cuter than I was, but in the end, I had the best Windsor knot.

And here we go:
First off, Del Rey Manga has a blog! You may not have known this as there is no link to the blog on the Del Rey Manga homepage navigation bar. Anywhere. However, if you scroll down and look at the news column, there is a wee little purple link in amidst the text. I actually found the blog quite by accident looking for something else that was not at all manga-related. Hopefully someone will fix that soon and add a HUGE link to the navigation bar because it's a very good blog and it's apparently been up since November sometime.

A Slight Apocalypse looks at The Red Wolf Conspiracy by Robert V.S. Redick.

Warren Ellis and Paul Duffield have teamed up to launch a freaky-wonderful new web comic called Freakangels. It's free!

Fantasy Book Critic reviews Whitechapel Gods by S.M. Peters and The Blue War by Jeffrey Thomas.

Fantasy Debut looks at Debatable Space by Philip Palmer.

VanderMeer has been busy over at Omnivoracious: an interview with skiffy artist extraordinaire John Picacio and editor extraordinaire Ellen Datlow. He also interviews debut novelist J.M. McDermott, author of Last Dragon.

And speaking of John Picacio, Revolution SF is hosting a contest to win one of three signed copies of the eagerly-awaited new Picacio-illustrated Elric: Stealer of Souls by Michael Moorcock. The books are signed by both Picacio and Moorcock. And if you haven't seen the brilliant artwork that Picacio put together for the cover as well as the interior, click the link above for the full set. Just gorgeous stuff!

Love Vampires reviews Raven Hart's The Vampire's Kiss, Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian, and Biting the Bullet by Jennifer Rardin.

Dear Author reviews Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs.
And now I am too tired to add any more but I promise I will start posting regular link round-ups again!

No comments: