Friday, April 11, 2008

Actual post about agenting. (Shocking!)

You may have noticed the dearth of actual content around here. Lest you fear I am not actually reading your queries and partials and manuscripts and thus have nothing to write about: I am. Reading your submissions, that is.

But during the time I'm not doing that, I'm trying to find a new place to live and packing up my entire apartment. That leaves little time for anything else right now, including creating actual blog content. (Unless, of course, I find an absolutely awful Craigslist ad while house-hunting. one that needs sharing immediately. This requires almost no actual brain work and apparently keeps y'all endlessly amused.)

Anyway, I suspect that things will be very quiet on the blogging front from now through the end of April. Just a heads up.

9 comments:

Nathan said...

Just make sure you keep our water bottles filled and our hamster wheels greased and we'll forgive you...for a while.

hldyer said...

So, for the next couple weeks, if we want to reach you we should either query or post a wacky roommate ad? *snort*

I ask because I wanted to link to your blog post on novel length, and I don't like to do that without checking first.

I don't believe my blog has any objectionable material. Working as a pediatrician, I've learned to keep things colorful, yet g-rated. :)

La Gringa said...

Please feel free to link to anything in my blog if you find it useful.

Best,

Colleen

hldyer said...

Thank you!

Adaora A. said...

Oh you're such a sweetheart. I hope no one is giving you any hassle for the craiglistings, I find those too funny for words.

I hope you find a new place!

Ingrid said...

I just hope that at some point we get a follow up to the butter addicted dog.

Josephine Damian said...

Packing? Does this mean you found a place?

Oooh, I wish I lived in NY so I could tag a long and profile these potential roommates for you to weed out the secret perverts and psychos.

La Gringa said...

No, haven't found a place yet. Still looking. People in NYC seem to love cigarettes but hate cats, which seems oddly backward and unenlightened of them.

Unless something pops up by the end of next week, I will be the Couchsurfing Agent for the month of May.

Oh, joy.

Hunter said...

Colleen:
You might try looking around NYU or checking through the college ways to source apartments in that area. If you really run into a problem, they have sublet or co-op options. You might also find a posting board (including electronic) for students seeking roommates.
Best,
HLT