Saturday, May 10, 2008

Getting caught up. (Finally!)

Okay, okay, okay! Bad La Gringa! No cookie for me!

I've gotten ridiculously behind in responding to queries and partials and I still have a couple of fulls that I need to follow up with. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

But now that the moving craziness is behind me and I'm sort of settled in my temporary digs, it's time to get caught up on everything. So, this weekend I will endeavor to get through the majority of my backed-up queries, and I will try to get back to everyone on partials and manuscripts submitted through April 15 by the end of this coming weekend. (To re-cap: queries by the end of this weekend, partials & manuscripts by the end of next weekend.)

And, because you guys seem to like this stuff:
Queries read this week (from 5/4 through last night at midnight): 146
Manuscripts requested: 2 (YA and literary fiction - yeah, I know, I know, but I tend to dream big!)
Partials requested: 3 (Urban fantasy, epic fantasy and commercial fiction)
Number of times a young boy coming-of-age discovers he has superpowers in the above queries: 13
Number of Star Trek queries submitted: 2
And now back to work...

1 comment:

S. E. Ward said...

If you want a change of pace, I could always send in an Ind--I mean Delaware Peters query. See, there's this linguist, only he collects artifacts to save them from Evil Government Men, and....