Monday, August 4, 2008

La Gringa is no longer portable or, moving news, sans LOLcat speak

I had to take down that LOLcat announcement about finding a place to live. It was just too silly.

But indeed, La Gringa will no longer be The Portable La Gringa after August 9th. I finally found a place in Queens, and will be taking off part of this week to move. Hopefully the Furry Machiavellian Persons will be joining me on Sunday after I get unpacked.

You know what this means, right?

NO MORE CRAIGSLIST ADS!

(Oh, thank God!)

It also means I'm probably going to be light on blogging or email responses until Sunday or so. Just a heads up, kids.

PS: I've said a fond farewell to Nixon the Dog and have moved on to another set of four-footed pals. This week's cute animal pet-sitting experience are two kittens in Brooklyn, Cricket and Spooky. I'll try to get pics of them. So far, they are frakkin' adorable. Also? Their mom left me all of Battlestar Galactica Season Three on DVD to keep me busy.

13 comments:

Gina Black said...

I'll definitely miss the Craigslist commentaries, but I congratulate you on finding a place to park the kitties.

Dharma Kelleher said...

Glad to hear that you and the kitties now have "a room of one's own".

H. L. Dyer said...

I'm delighted to hear you, Stinkyboy, and Buddy will be reunited soon.

But I'm sure Nixon is heartbroken... And possibly the maid.

Ingrid said...

You're moving on my birthday, yey! I'll raise a glass for you...or I'll get toasted for you...or something like that.

Is your email still working?

Nathan said...

Congrats on the new digs.

Is there gonna be a big party where you invite all the people from the internet you've never actually met?

Hey, a stranger can ask, can't he?

:D

Joya said...

Excellent! Congratulations on finally find a place to live! :)

Mary B said...

I'll be sorry not to read CraigList commenataries, but Furry Machiavellian Persons specialize in moving assistance. Let them show U it.

LeeAnn Flowers said...

Very big congrats on the new place. I hope you and the feline compatriots will be happy in your new home.

S. E. Ward said...

Huzzah! Congratulations! :) Stinkyboy and Buddy are ready to be reunited with their willing slave, I can tell you. Good luck with the move, and the frakkin' cute kittens!

legionfalcon said...

Congrats!!! So how does one deportabilify a La Gringa? Is there surgery to remove the wheels from your shoes? Or perhaps a mechanic has to come in and twist some knobs or something, and then charge you an arm and a leg.

Inquiring minds want to know!

M.R.M. said...

Glad to hear it!! :-)

And that Battlestar will be mighty good watchin', :-)

numdlmom said...

Yeah! I'm sure you're thrilled. No more sleeping on the couch. Stinkyboy and Buddy will probably give you the cold shoulder for abandoning them (in their eyes), but they'll get over it. It won't be long before you'll be hopping to their every meow!

Heather said...

The convergence of LOLcats and Battlestar Galactica:

http://puntabulous.com/2008/04/11/battlestar-galactica-lol-cats/