Thursday, September 25, 2008

Guillermo del Toro to publish a vampire trilogy with William Morrow.

Now, this is exciting! From today's Publishers Marketplace:
Director Guillermo del Toro trilogy of vampire thrillers, written with Chuck Hogan, beginning with THE STRAIN, about an invasion of New York by a vampiric virus, for publication in summer 2009, to David Highfill at William Morrow, by Richard Abate at Endeavor, with manager Gary Ungar of Exile Entertainment and attorney George Hayum (world).

5 comments:

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

oh that's cool. vampires are now really popular at the mo. last horror trend was zombies, and now it's vampires' turn.

I like Guillermo del Torro. i'm not too crazy for the Hellboy movies, though, but I did like Pan's Labyrinth.

debra said...

My taste run exactly the opposite of commenter deaf brown trash punk. I enjoyed the Hellboy movies although I liked Hellboy 1 better.

I found Pam's Labyrinth to be a very imaginative movie, but the story was such a tragedy and I was quite sad when the movie ended.

Terra Chandler said...

It's only recently that I started reading good vampire novels (trying to steer clear of the garbage), but this one looks like it good definitely have potential!!!

Jeff said...

A vampire virus. Color me thrilled.

This could go the "Racing to Find a Cure" route, or the "They're not evil, they're sick" ploy. Hopefully neither. Maybe both?

CH said...

Jeff - Definitely neither.