Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Missing 23 NYC school teacher Hannah Upp
found alive.

Good news for the family of 23-year old NYC school teacher Hannah Upp, who has been missing since August 29th. She's alive and well.

It's a bizarre story: she was apparently found in the water just off the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, having jumped from the pier. She was rescued by deckhands of the John J. Marchi ferry and taken to the hospital in Staten Island.

From reading the story, it appears that Ms. Upp may be suffering from some sort of emotional problem. Luckily she was found and taken someplace safe before anything terrible happened. Hopefully her family will be able to get her some help.

Really glad this story has a happy ending.

4 comments:

Mags said...

Thank you for updating. It's not common enough to hear about resolution with hope to this sort of story.

Whatever happened, she's twenty-three. And alive.

Damn, my twenties sucked. I wish her peace.

Kristin said...

I was happy to hear about the ending to this story as well. I feel badly for this woman whose difficulties ended up being fodder for the news, but at the same time I'm glad she is alive and well and getting the help she needs.

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

i saw that on Jezebel. the website mentioned that it was a suicide attempt or something. i hope she will get better soon, and i am glad to hear she is safe and sound.

WendyCinNYC said...

That's the strangest story--I must have had the email about her disappearance forwarded to me from 12 different people. In any event, I'm glad she's home.