Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Patrick Rothfuss on David Anthony Durham.

Patrick Rothfuss discussing David Anthony Durham. Funny stuff.

Also, in case you didn't know, Acacia is now available in mass market. If you like intelligent fantasy and you haven't read Acacia, well...I don't even know what to say to that. It's like telling me you like Scotch but haven't tried Balvenie or Laphroaig. It's criminal, really.

Do you want to make David Anthony Durham's nine year old daughter Maya cry??? No, I didn't think so. So get off your asses and go buy a copy of Acacia right this very second. Or, ya know, STAY on your asses and buy one online.

These are Maya's cats, by the way. She is very artistic. (As is John Scalzi's daughter, apparently!) La Gringa thinks theses cats should be on a t-shirt.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Those are fine-looking cats. With a bit of an Edward Gorey influence, which just adds to their awesome. I like the sidelong glancing eyes.

My word verification is "gowkv" which is probably something I'd be saying if I had all the Laphroaig I wanted.

S. E. Ward said...

I've still got it from the library! I need more readin' time. I might just take part of tomorrow to do that.

Those are indeed very nice cats. That's some pretty advanced abstract technique, actually. Maya's in independent art classes, isn't she? If she's not, she should be. She's got talent.

Lisa Iriarte said...

It should be entered into the next "Shirt Woot" competition. http://shirt.woot.com/

Lisa Iriarte