Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Essential grammar tip of the day!!!

Okay, my essential grammar tip is actually a website, Mignon Fogarty's amazingly useful Grammar Girl podcast website, to be precise. There you can find fascinating - but useful! - podcast topics such as Why Isn't Gruntled a Word?, Is Funnest a Word? and my particular favorite, The Apostrophe Catastrophe, Parts One and Two.

Refresh your limited knowledge (by the looks of a few of those query letters) of Misplaced Modifiers! Thrill to the confusion of Yoda grammar! And share in the triumph of Less vs. Fewer!

(Or you could just go read them to learn how to write better sentences. Just sayin'.)

7 comments:

Joya said...

Mmm, grammar. *_* Thanks for this link!

Pamala Knight said...

Oh Thank GOD someone finally pointed out this site to me. If ever there was a soul in need....

intotheforest said...

Thanks for the link. I'm not horrible at grammar, but there's always something to learn.

Sex Mahoney for President said...

I teach English grammar and I is the master. Nobody I objects like string subjects with predicates do. Its a peace of cake?

Sex Mahoney for President

Becky said...

Less vs. fewer errors are everywhere! Another one that annoys me is when people use "that" rather than "who" to refer to a person.

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

oh man thanks for posting the website. I just read "Eats, Shoots and leaves" by Lynn Truss, it's about grammar proficiency and I'm really obsessed with it.

pseudosu said...

That podcast is one of the bestest for sure.