Wednesday, November 12, 2008

50 Facts You Might Not Know About Barack Obama

The Telegraph UK gives us some fun behind-the-scenes facts about our new Prez Elect and uncover the shocking secret that we all secretly suspected anyway: Barack Obama is a nerd.

Did you know?
  • He collects Spider-Man comics.
  • His favorite TV show is The Wire.
  • He is totally a Mac person. (Take that, Microsoft Vista!!!)
  • He auditioned for a black pin-up calendar at Harvard...and was rejected. Yes, rejected. You will never see that bony little ass of his coming back to haunt him when he comes up for reelection in 2012. (Thank God.)
More here!

Edit to Add: More evidence of Obama's nerdiness here!!!

9 comments:

Catherine Haines said...

I love that he hates the youth fashion of really low-slung pants.

Nathan Bransford said...

Favorite book: MOBY DICK

I knew I liked this guy.

Ann Victor said...

I simply LOVE that "he keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life."

How lovely!

clindsay said...

Nathan -

Loves Moby Dick AND a Harry Potter fan. :-)

Rawk!

C-

Sex Mahoney for President said...

While I will agree that Vista sucks, Apple Computers can still kiss my ass. Linux rules.

I'm glad we have a nerd president again. For too long, we had jocks and dweebs.

Sex Mahoney for President

Stockyard Queen said...

I love this guy. I wonder if Michelle will get to make shrimp linguini for him in the White House kitchen.

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

haha, he auditioned for a calendar?!?! LMAOOO!!!

he is so amazing :-)

Crimogenic said...

"He has read every Harry Potter book."

Yeahh, he's a nerd, welcome to the family Mr. President.

Georgiana said...

His favorite TV show is the Wire? I've been on the Wire! In fact I played a lesbian on the Wire! For my birthday a few years ago! Hooray!!

Dissolves into complete goofy burbles...