Friday, December 19, 2008

Closed for the holidays! Heads up!

Just a brief heads up that FinePrint Literary Management will be closed from December 23rd through January 5th. And, while I'll probably be blogging here during that time, I'm officially taking a holiday break from reading queries, partials and fulls as well. Mostly I just look forward to reading actual books. (Ya know, the kind that have been already published.) I've got an enormous pile of books that want reading; as soon as I sort out which order I'll be reading them in, I'll post a list here of my holiday reading. (Among them will absolutely be The Elfish Gene: Dungeons, Dragons and Growing Up Strange by Mark Barrowcliffe, published by the wonderful indie publisher Soho Press.)

So, if you're planning to send me a query sometime soon, you may want to wait until after January 5th.

12 comments:

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

I hope you have a nice holiday!

Jill Wheeler said...

Have a fantastic break!

Leatherdykeuk said...

you'll be missed!

Ann Victor said...

Wishing you an out-of-this-world holiday!

Thanks for all the tips and advice on your blog! Much appreciated! :)

cathschaffstump said...

A vacation is a precious thing. I'll be doing my level best to stay out of the office until January 5th myself.

Enjoy your relaxation and reading.

Catherine

Jeff said...

Speaking of Dungeons and Dragons...

Sung to the tune of Sound of Silence, by Simon and Garfunkel

Julie Butcher-Fedynich said...

Happy Holidays

ryan field said...

Have a good holiday...

Dedproduct, said...

I am a new screenwriter, trying to jump on the scene. The problem is getting into the door of reputable producers and taking off. Check out my Logline to the first comedy I have ever wrote. I love this blog so much, thought I leave it behind, Real producers, dedproduct.com is where I write till the films leave the ground, and begin flying to God.
Logline: A comedic twist of fate occurs when a man
late for work sees the biggest heist in history, and a
twist of fate drives him to help police capture the
robbers who did it.
www.dedproduct.com

Jinx said...

Happy Holidays! =D

Jeff said...

OT - Colleen, have you seen this?

Basically it's about the End of Publishing

I'd love to get your take on this.

Roses & Indiscretions said...

Hello,

I queried my young adult novel on Dec. 23. Should I re-query after the fifth when return to the office or wait six week to see if I hear from you?

Happy New Year!

Warmly,
Jessica Hoover