Friday, December 26, 2008

Get out the vote...for my pal Kelley Eskridge!

Okay, Swiveteers! You have a chance right now to do one last good deed for 2008 (and Lord knows we could all use the good karma this year!): As many of y'all know, writer Kelley Eskridge recently started a radically-different management consultant company called Humans At Work. One of the coolest things about Humans At Work is her Leader's Manifesto, a management teaching program that she gives away online entirely for free. (Yes, you heard that right - FREE!)

Well, Kelley has a chance to have her Leader's Manifesto distributed to a much wider audience, published as a professionally designed PDF file for free by an online organization that'll also help publicize and distribute it. Here's how you can help: The organization will publish the manifestos that get the most votes online. If you can spare five seconds of your time, click here and cast a quick vote for Kelley's manifesto. The Swivet thanks you and so does Kelley! Now, go vote!

15 comments:

Julie Butcher-Fedynich said...

Kelly has my vote.

Julie

Kenny Celican said...

I'm already putting together a series of classes based on her course materials where I work. Least I can do is go out and vote.

stephanie said...

Kelly has my vote, too, and she's currently ranked #1. Super!

Kelley Eskridge said...

Julie, Kenny, Stephanie -- thank you so much for the votes, I appreciate the help!

Kenny, if you're willing to share your experience of using the materials with me, either through email or the HAW forums, I'd really appreciate that too. I'm looking for as much data and feedback as possible from users to help tweak the program.

Colleen, thanks for the support, you are made of awesome.

ryan field said...

I casted mine and I'm forwarding the link to other people whom I know will be interested.

hoppytoad79 said...

Reading the manifesto, a manager at ADT security came immediately to mind. Everyone would benefit if he took this course. This should be required reading for every single manager before they start their job and for those who already are managers, required reading to be finished within the week. It definitely got my vote.

Ann Victor said...

Voted! (for Kelley, of course) :)

Kelley Eskridge said...

Ryan, Hoppytoad79, Ann -- Many thanks for your votes and the support.

I'd love it if every new manager got this training! (Huge grin) I really do believe the world would be a better place.

Having a "portable"manifesto -- something professional, clean, easy to share -- will make it so much easier to get the word out. I'm very grateful for your help in making it happen. And I'm jazzed that you think these are good ideas, worth spreading. Thank you all for being part of the beginning of all this.

The Book Chook said...

Karma to Kelly!

Jinx said...

Oh, heck yeah I voted for this! I also sent the link to my ex-employers thru my husband's work email after they tried to force him to quit (which resulted in his firing), two months after they fired me while I was on sick leave. Ridiculous!

Kelley Eskridge said...

Book Chook, thank you! Good karma is always a good gift (grin). Thanks for your vote.

Jinx, thanks for your vote as well. What a rotten thing to happen to you and your husband! I hope that the next jobs you both find are with companies who know how to treat people like humans.

Georgiana said...

Done. And since the program is free I also blogged about it for my saving money website. Thanks for the alert!

Kelley Eskridge said...

That'd be fantastic, Georgiana -- thanks very much for the support!

Ellen said...

Thanks for posting this - I've just crossposted from over at Puggy's Hill. Good luck, Kelley!

Ellen Kushner

Kelley Eskridge said...

Ellen, thanks so much! I appreciate it greatly!