Sunday, December 21, 2008

I have absolutely awesome clients!

I have many vices: sleeping in, single malt scotch, extra-dark chocolate, and repeatedly watching pretty much any movie starring Kristanna Loken, no matter how dreadful it may be. But perhaps my single biggest vice is good coffee. Freshly-roasted and preferably whole bean. So I was thrilled to get to the office on Friday and discover that my awesome client Kelly Gay had sent me a pound of the absolute best coffee on the planet: Kaladi Brothers, an amazing coffee company located in Alaska. Thanks, Kelly! You rock!

I first learned about Kaladi Brothers by reading Dana Stabenow's wonderful Alaska-set Kate Shugak mystery novels. Then, when I was working at Del Rey, I had occasion to talk to a bookseller in Anchorage, Alaska, who assured me that not only was Kaladi Brothers real and - indeed - the best coffee on the planet, but that her roommate also worked there and would I like to try some? A week later, a pound of fresh Kaladi Brothers coffee beans arrived arrived in the Random House mailroom; the next morning an addiction was born. It really is the best coffee on the planet!

By the way, you now know the one thing that Sarah Palin and I have in common: our favorite coffee. Here's a pic of the almost-Vice President holding onto her Kaladi Brothers coffee cup:

7 comments:

notanotherexit said...

Our writing group meets at Kaladi's brothers in Wasilla, every week, and most of us follow your blog, too.

clindsay said...

Not An Other Exit -

Nice! And welcome to the Swivet. Say hi to your writing group and have a cup of Kaladi Brothers for me! :-)

Best,

Colleen

freddie said...

Well, you see she's ostentatiously holding a newspaper.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

rhienelleth said...

MMmmmm, coffee!

I shall have to try some Kaladi's. I am something of a coffee freak. I discovered the difference a good burr grinder and fresh roasted beans could make a few years ago. Now, I even go so far as to roast my own beans (though I also order from several fabulous online roasters).

I've addicted several friends to freshly roasted coffee, and given good grinders as gifts numerous times. in the last few years. (It's all part of my master plan to have good coffee available to me no matter who I'm visiting!)

wolf said...

Hi - another Alaskan reader here. I'm happy to see someone else agrees that Kaladi's is the best coffee on the planet.

Deaf Brown Trash Punk said...

I'm really irritated that the HuffPo won't shut up about Sarah Palin. I'm just sick of her and I want her to freakin' go away.

Dana Stabenow said...

Thanks for the link! I am absolutely delighted to hear that Kate Shugak turned you on to Kaladi Brothers coffee. She's an insidious influence, that girl...