Wednesday, May 27, 2009

AWESOME book trailer for THE STRAIN by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan!

This is one of the scariest book trailers I have ever seen for one of the most frightening books I've ever read: The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. What's The Strain? Think of it this way: Imagine that Michael Crichton had rewritten Salem's Lot, added scary (plausible) science and then set the whole damned thing down in Manhattan. (And I guarantee that after you read this, you will never look at airports the same way, either.) Enjoy the trailer! (It stars Roy Dotrice! How cool is that?)

8 comments:

Fantasy Dreamer said...

The vampires in this video remind of the ones from Blade II! Gruesome! Can't wait for this book, so looking forward to a bad vampire book.

nerinedorman said...

Oh. My. Thank you for posting this.

chase said...

Thank you for posting this! I am so pumped to read this

Ink said...

I suppose when you're an award winning director you have the chops for a pretty good book trailer...

My best,
Bryan Russell

Adelle Laudan said...

Wow! I'll have to definitely pick this one up. Gives me chills.

writtenwyrdd said...

Wow! A book trailer that actually made me think the book sounded good.

pubbloghub said...

Be curious to see if the trailer generates increased sales or is at least perceived to do so, and we start seeing big houses investing in movie quality book trailers like this. I don't generally read horror, but this trailer sure had me thinking about buying the book.

Melinda Leigh said...

Excellent trailer.

I picked up the audio version of this book at BEA yesterday. After reading the blurb on the back, I wasn't going to download it. Since it was free, I think that describes how totally sick I am of vampires. They've taken over my local bookstores. But I loved Salem's Lot, so maybe I'm just sick of poor, misunderstood vampires.

Okay, so it's now getting loaded onto my ipod for an upcoming flight to the West Coast.

BTW - I'm also sick of poor, misunderstood werewolves.