Wednesday, May 6, 2009

An interview with yours truly at Follow the Reader!

I've been meaning to talk about Follow the Reader for a couple of weeks now, the wonderful Netgalley-sponsored book industry blog that's being co-written by publishing veteran Charlotte Abbott and digital marketing guru Kat Meyer.

Last week Charlotte did an amazing interview with PW contributing editor and notable book industry journalist Bethanne Patrick. On Friday afternoons, at 4:00 Eastern Time, Charlotte and Kat also host a great live-Twitter chat about the book industry. (You can follow along by using the #followreader hashtag at monitter.com or hashtag.org.)

This week, Kat interviewed yours truly, in an interview where I admit publicly to stealing books as a second grader and also to not being able to learn my times tables. (I blame Catholic school.) We also talked a lot about the book industry and publishing and why y'all should just stop complaining about Dan Brown and Stephenie Meyer already! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

5 comments:

Lisa Iriarte said...

Nicely done interview!

nicola said...

Cool interview. But you did make one teeny, tiny mistake :)

Annarkie said...

Loved the interview. I feel for you about the reading experience in school. I got in trouble in kindergarten because I wouldn't sit in the circle and learn the ABC's because I was too busy reading! WTF is wrong with the education system? I think it's sad that you don't get to read much. Yet another ideal about working in the publishing industry shattered! You would think they would want to keep in touch with books that people keep reading instead of only reading new stuff that may or may not have long term success. If the e-book thing becomes hot enough, do you think paperbacks will become extinct? I don't know what I'd do without having a good book to hold and smell, and drop and cheeto stain and...you get the idea.

ryan field said...

Good interview. I went to Catholic school for twelve years, and the English was always stronger than Math and Science.

The First Carol said...

Where do I vote for the one work day a month to READ? Think of the quiet, think of the chuckling *pass the tissue box* think of the discussions, the renewal. Just think...oh, I mean, READ.